Friday, December 3, 2010

They're Growing On Me


I never would have thought of myself as the mother of boys...and certainly not this many of them! So many things I'll never understand. Their amusement with competition, disgusting things, dangerous experiments, firearms, and ruining otherwise lovely snapshots with expressions of death and facial contortions. Did I really enter a certain bedroom recently and out of exasperation have to yell "There is something dead in here and I am not going to be the on who searches for it!"? No, surely that was someone else. And she was presented with a weeks-old dead crayfish. Or crawdad.









But they're growing on me.







I think I'll keep them. Forever. In my heart anyway. And when


they repulse me or it is time to clean the bathrooms again I will direct myself to my mental orchid room where all is feminine and sweet smelling.










They do clean up nicely, though, don't they?








3 comments:

  1. Ahh, so this is what I have to look forward to as a new Mommy to a precious boy, huh? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such handsome fellas! Thank you for raising Godly men! God has incredible plans in store for your children! We are so blessed to know y'all! Thank you for your love, friendship and example!
    Miss y'all! Love,
    cd

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! When did these boys grow up? We have to find a way to get together sometime soon! I miss you my friend!
    Hugs,
    Audrey

    ReplyDelete